Monday, 3 November 2014

MY Besties UK - Challenge - Anything Goes & Christmas

Good morning and welcome back to my blog ... how the weeks are flying by ....

Today over at Besties UK we have a new challenge 


Anything Goes (A) & Christmas(B)


You can enter the challenge here 'My Besties UK' we have some fab digis as prizes the rules are up to 3 entries with a Bestie Image and one without so you can enter up to 4 times ....

You can enter an ANYTHING GOES project or a Christmas project ...



This is any project that includes something Christmassy .... its getting to that time of year where we are all getting ready for the big event .... thinking about what to buy for who ... where shall we go for dinner ... the list is endless ....



This is my design team card for the challenge, I loved this new christmas image she is so pretty and I wanted to practice using red and beige colours.. she can be purchased at the store here 





Recipe  

Materials

1 /2 sheet coredinations red card
1 sheet bazzil kraft card
1/2 sheet pretty paper (I used magnolia christmas )
Printed image - Snow Girl from the Besties White Christmas collection
Pearls
Greeting
Ribbon
tea dye distress ink

Tools
magnolia cute corner die
magnolia tags die
la la land banner die
Copics


To make this card I used a square card as a base and layered card and paper .5 cm smaller each time to  make the correct layers of card then paper.
I layered a strip of layered paper across the centre of the card and affixed a ribbon over that.  I used tea dye distress ink to tint the craft card and the edges of my image.  I coloured a gold peel off greeting with my copic pen e29  and the pearls with the same pen to get a nice vintage sort of effect 

Printed out the image on Xpress blending card and coloured with my copics then layered onto red and kraft card and affixed to the card.

I used the following copics to colour my image
Skin - e000, 00, 11, 21, 04, rv10  r21
Jacket/Skirt/Boots r24, 27,29
Hat/Fur/Blouse e50, 51, 53, 55
Hair - e25, 27, 29
Eyes - e15, 17

I hope I have inspired you to take part in our challenge .... thanks for stopping by today to visit 

Carol

SilverPaws
Besties UK DT Co-ordinator xx


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Carol, I like this image and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love the new image.
    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card Carol. Love the colours and dies. Love Georgina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carol she is just so delightful!!!!! i just love your colouring hugs Davinia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Carol have yet to color her along with many more lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute Carol .. Hugz Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Card Carol your colouring is fabulous.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Carol I just love the colur scheme it all goes together so well
    Love Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is beautifully colored, Carol, and your card just follows suit -- perfectly coordinated and love the corner diecut. Makes for a fabulous Christmas card !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! this is truly beautiful, I love everything about it.

    Hugs
    Keeley x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning design...love the bright reds with the neutral. Beautiful. I can't wait to color her too. Big Texas Hugs, AntoinetteT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous and I like the colors you used
    Hugs Tonnie

    ReplyDelete