Monday, 6 October 2014

My Besties UK Challenge - Anything Goes & Buttons



Good morning and welcome back to my blog ...

Today over at Besties UK we have a new challenge 


Anything Goes (A) & Buttons(B)


You can enter the challenge here 'My Besties UK' we have some fab digis as prizes the rules are up to 3 entries with a Bestie Image and one without so you can enter up to 4 times ....

You can enter an ANYTHING GOES project or a Buttons project ...



This is any project that includes some buttons.... we all have lots of buttons in a tin somewhere so why not dig them out and see if you can add them to your project...



This is my design team card for the challenge, I loved this new christmas image she is so pretty and I wanted to practice using very pale  colours.. she can be purchased at the store here

Recipe  

Materials

1 /2 sheet coredinations lilac card
1/4 sheet pretty paper (I used maya vintage spring )
Printed image - img408
Pearls
Buttons
Ribbon

Tools
scissors
bow maker
Copics


To make this card I used a square card as a base and layered card and paper 1cm smaller each time to  make the correct layers of card then paper.
I layered a strip of layered paper across the centre of the card and affixed a ribbon over that.  As paper is quite expensive I decided that I would only us a 15cm square piece on my card and I didn't want to waste any ... so I cut a piece 13 x 13cm for the bottom layer then used one of the strips across the centre and the other one I cut into 5cm pieces. I folded each piece and made a tag for each side of the image reversing the patterns to match on my card. added some pearls and buttons with a bow.

Printed out the image on Xpress blending card and coloured with my copics then layered onto lilac card and affixed to the card.

I used the following copics to colour my image
Skin - e000, 00, 11, 21, 04, rv10  r21
Clothing - bv0000, 000, 00, 02
Bow - bv00. rv00
Cushion - rv00, bv02
fur - c0, 1, & blender
Hair - e15, 17

I hope I have inspired you to take part in our challenge .... thanks for stopping by today to visit 

Carol

SilverPaws
Besties UK DT Co-ordinator xx

Also Entered int he following challenges

http://mybestiesaussiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk - anything goes with a bestie
http://mybestiesfriendship.blogspot.co.uk - Anything goes
http://scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog.blogspot.nl - anything goes







16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, hun - love your colour choice and the colouring is fab.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Carol, I like the adorable image and the fab colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightfully gorgeous card!
    Thank you for participating ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely love how cute she looks xx love Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful silverpaws.
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! this is truly beautiful, I love everything about it.

    Hugs
    Keeley x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, she is so adorable, Carol, and I love that you chose the purples to use -- very stunning card -- you did a great job of coloring and putting the card together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohhh i could just pinch her cheeks! beautiful! i love the purples! love it! hugs Davinia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oohhhh this is so wonderful...

    Thanks for joining us at My Besties Friendship.

    Hugs Anja xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carol, What a fabulous card. Loving all the lavender coloring. So fun and stunning the way you showcased the sweet My Besties image. Enjoyed my visit with you. Big Texas Hugs, AntoinetteT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol, wonderful description of your tools and goodies used. a most beautiful card, thank you for using one of our gorgeous images and joining in our fun challenge. aNNie xx
    {Scrapbook Stamp Society DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card I like the colour scheme x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your card very much!
    A beautiful card and a very good description!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful card!
    I love it.

    Greetz Linette

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute, love the purple combo it is just lovely.

    Thanks for joining us at My Besties Aussie.

    DT Deni

    ReplyDelete