Monday, 22 September 2014

Besties UK Challenge - Anything Goes & Blue

Good morning and welcome back to my blog ...

Today over at Besties UK we have a new challenge 

Anything Goes (A) & Blue(B)

You can enter the challenge here 'My Besties UK' we have some fab digis as prizes the rules are up to 3 entries with a Bestie Image and one without so you can enter up to 4 times ....


You can enter an ANYTHING GOES project or a blue project ... this is any project that includes the colour blue.... blue is one of my most favourite colours and has so many lovely shades to choose from and so popular all year round ...

This is my design team card for the challenge, I loved this new christmas image she is so cute and I wanted to practice blending with 3 colours.. she can be purchased at the store here




Recipe  

Materials

1 /2 sheet coredinations blue card
1/2 sheet pretty paper (I used magnolia christmas)
Printed image - img384
Pins
Pearls
Wire
Ribbon

Tools
scissors
bow maker
pencil
Copics
Magnolia - Peaky Floral Tags
Sizzix Tattered Florals

To make this card I used a square card as a base and layered card and paper .5cm smaller each time to  make the correct layers of card then paper.
I layered a rectangle of layered paper and card to one side of the card, I then fastened a ribbon over the card.
Printed out the image on Xpress blending card and coloured with my copics then layered onto blue card and affixed to the card.

I airbrushed the flowers with blue and grey to get matching colours, then arranged with leaves at the side of my image, I used wire and a pencil to create the wired loops.
I added a double bow and some pearls to finish the card


I used the following copics to colour my image
Skin - e000, 00, 11, 21, 04, rv10 (ciao) r21 (sketch)
Eyes - b04 (sketch) b02 (ciao)
Clothing - b000,00,02 (ciao)
fur - c0, 1, 3 (ciao)
Hair - e31 e33 (ciao) e30 (sketch)
Leaves/Bells yg63
Flower/ leaves b02, c3

Berries - Spica - buttermilk


I hope I have inspired you to take part in our challenge .... thanks for stopping by today to visit 

Carol

SilverPaws




Besties UK DT Co-ordinator xx

Also entering the following challenges

http://mybestiesaussiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk - Bestie with a flower
http://blogfrancaislesbesties.blogspot.ca - anything goes
http://mybestiesspanishchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk - christmas
http://meetatthescrapperscorner.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/anything-goes-featuring-theme-ribbons.html




23 comments:

  1. Oh my, what an elegant and striking card, Carol !! I just love the blue shading on her dress . . . and the pearls and sheer dotted swiss ribbon are the perfect embellishments. A "wow" card, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at My Besties Spanish Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Carol, I love the image.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, this is beautiful card.Thanks for joining us at My Besties Spanish Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just became your 23 follower I want to study coloring ( shading ) under you I will be staring at your work often This card is splendid ......................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Votre carte est Magnifique! Merci de participer au défi Besties en Français!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty your card and your coloring is super !!! thanks for joining us at My Besties Spanish Challengue # 3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and super colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! this is truly beautiful, I love everything about it.

    Hugs
    Keeley x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS card and of course the most gorgeous image and colours used.. being a Besties lover I joined your blog as a follower.xx
    aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Card. Thank you for joining us in the My Besties International challenge using a Bestie with a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this - love the pale blue and the flowers and the pearls finish it off lovely
    love Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a beautiful card...with a cute image :) Thank you so much for joining us at My Besties Aussie Challenge.
    Hugs Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW FACTOR ~ Just gorgeous ~ I love it ~ thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with Meet at the Scrappers Corner and best of luck with your entry.
    Cheers
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning piece. My favorite color. Overflowing with all the right embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Meet at the Scrappers Corner. Hugs, Antoinette {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card, love the blues. A absolutely beautiful card.
    Well Done and Thank you for joining us at Meet at the Scrappers Corner.
    Good Luck! AngeDTxxoo

    http://angetreasures.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carol..Wonderful!!! My favorite color..Thanks for joining us at Meet at the Scrappes Corner.
    Hugs,
    Eleonora - DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carol this absolutely stunning. . The colours are beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty. I love the soft blue x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow !! What a stunning card. I love the different shades of blue you have used. I look forward to seeing more of your creations. Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card. Love the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely card Carol such beautiful blues thank you for joining us at Meet at the Scrappers Corner love Jane xx

    ReplyDelete