Monday, 25 August 2014

Besties Uk Challenge - Anything Goes - Something Old Something New

Good morning and welcome back to my blog ...

Today over at Besties UK we have a new challenge 

Anything Goes (A) or Something Old Something New (B)

You can enter the challenge here 'My Besties UK' we have some fab digis as prizes the rules are up to 3 entries with a Bestie Image and one without so you can enter up to 4 times ....

You can enter an ANYTHING GOES project or a something old something new project ( details of your something old and something new must be stated on your blog to qualify for the extra digi)


This is my design team card for the challenge, I loved this image she is so cute and I wanted to use the new memory box die I had purchased recently Frozen border.... she can be purchased at the store here

My something old is my beaded circle die and my something new is my frozen border die.



Recipe  

Materials

1 /2 sheet cordinations red card
1/4 sheet magnolia christmas paper
Peel off greeting
White A4 card x 2
Printed image - img008
Ribbon

Tools
Spellbinders dies - beaded circles, classic circles
Memory box - frozen border
Glamour dust, Stamp n Bond powder, Versamark ink pad
Glue pen
Copics

To make this card I folded an a4 piece of card  then cut it to 14.5 x 14.5cm, I then cut the red card the same size and layered onto the cut card.
I cut a piece of paper 14 x 7cm and layered this to the left of my card, I cut a piece of white card 14 x 7cm and cut the frozen border from this.
Then using the versa mark ink pad I tapped it all over the cut out border, then I added the stamp n bond embossing powder and heated it up. When it becomes sticky add the glamour dust and tap off the excess. affix this to the right hand side of the card.
I thin cut a piece 14.5 x 4cm from the red card and a piece of paper 14.5 x 3.5 cm, I layered this then added a ribbon over the top, I the affixed this to the card to hide the join in the paper and the border.
Cut out the beaded circle from the red card and affix to card with glue gel, cut the image outside the shape using the circles die, colour with copics, using your glue pen and glamour dust add sparkle to the fur on the Besties outfit, then affix to beaded circle
Add the greeting to the lower edge of the card 
I tied a triple bow with a bow maker and affixed this with glue gel.... simple but effective 


I used the following copics to colour my image
Skin - e000, 00, 11, 21, 04, r21, rv10
Clothes/Boots - r24, r27, r29
Eyes - e15, e17, 


I hope I have inspired you to take part in our challenge .... thanks for stopping by today to visit 

Carol

SilverPaws




Besties UK DT Co-ordinator xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carol what a beautiful card.

    You where second on the challenge from scrapbookstampsociety challenge.47

    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've rocked the red and the pleats in het hat! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card Red is my
    favourite colour - so simple yet so elegant jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Carol, I like the image and the red.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. just so cute!!!! i LOVE that frozen border- on my ever expanding wish list now. beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning and striking make carol <3 hugs Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! this is truly beautiful, I love everything about it.

    Hugs
    Keeley x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card!! Thank you for joining our challengue at Reto # 2 of My Besties Spanish Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete