Monday, 5 May 2014

New Besties Challenge - Use The Colour Purple

Good Morning and welcome back 

We have a new challenge launching today at MY BESTIES UK and this time our challenge is

THE COLOUR PURPLE 
(any shade of purple you like)


You can enter this challenge and win up to 5 of Sherri's 'My Besties' digi images.  
The team has been working very hard to create some samples for you to look at why not pop over tho their blogs I am sure they would appreciate a visit.
Here is what I created for my DT inspiration using Alphabet Letter M which you can buy in Sherri's Etsy store  HERE 



You can enter up to 3 times with a Bestie Image and a once without a Bestie Image ... 



For my Design team project I decided on darker and paler shades of Purple from Lavender through to a darker purple as I was making a card for my daughters birthday and thought she would like this as these colours are her favourites...



The Alphabet Besties are lovely as you can customise your cards and projects to the person you are making them for ....

Recipe

1 sheet Black Bazzil Bling - Cute n Crafty
1.5 sheets White Centura pearl - crafters companion
2 Buttons - woodware
2 Silver Heart brads - woodware
3 Round silver brads - woodware
3 Magnolia Black flowers - Sir Stampalot
Silky crush ribbon - Creative Expressions

Tools
Teresa Collins embossing folder
Decorative grand ovals - spellbinders
Grand Ovals - spellbinders

To make the card I cut a card 18 x 13 cm from the centura pearl, I then layered black 17 x 12 cm , next came the white piece which I de-bossed to get a different effect. I added a heart brad to the top right and bottom left of this piece before attaching it to the card.

I cut an oval from the black card using the decorative ovals I then affixed this using glue gel to get some dimension, I added the 3 flowers and a bow to the bottom right and affixed a button here to finish it off.

I printed off my alphabet M Bestie and coloured it in with copics from the blue violets then accented it with a purple copic multiliner, I then used another of my favourite techniques, cutting outside the shape to get the M and the Bestie outside the oval, I printed another copy and layered the flowers with brads and another button.

Copics used :-
Skin tones - e0000, e000, e00, e04, e93, e95, 
Eyes - FV2
Hair - e40, e41, e42, e70, e74
Letter, clothing, flowers - bv0000, bv000, bv00, bv01 
Copic multiliner - purple 

I hope my project has inspired you to join our challenge .....

Thanks for stopping by 

Carol  - SilverPaws x
Besties UK Design Team Co-Ordinator

Also entered into





12 comments:

  1. Love your Card Carol especially the way you added the whole name Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Carol,

    deine Karte gefällt mir sehr gut. Ich finde die Gestaltung toll. Herrlich wie die Kleine da auf dem Namen liegt. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der 2. May Besties Challenge Deutschland. Liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Carol, such a stunning creation ,love the colours and the beautiful background.The name is the clue! Thank you so much for join us at My -Besties German challenge .We are proud to show your nice card at this challenge. Have a lot of success with your new challenge at My-Besties UK.
    Hugs Gudrun

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous design, Carol - I love the monogram Besties letter to begin Melanie's name - hope she enjoys/ed the card.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, a gorgeous card, lovely image & colouring!
    Thank you for your participation at My Besties Friendship.

    A nice greeting Andrea from germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow so awsome colors and Design.
    Thank you very much for playing with us on our first Challenge on My besties Friendship
    Hugs Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eine wunderschöne Karte, gefällt mir sehr gut, danke dass du an der My Besties Challenge Deutschland teilnimmst
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card carol, I like the adorable image and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your marvelous contribution to the first Challenge of My Besties Friendship
    Your creation is so wonderful and pretty... fantastic.

    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely card x i find purple so hard to do but you have done it beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card I love these letter digi's they are so cute so pretty xxxx Wendy

    ReplyDelete