Monday, 7 April 2014

New Challenge - Clean And Simple

Good Morning......

Its the beginning of a new week and we have a  new challenge at Besties UK, this can be found over at 'My Besties UK Challenge Blog' - this is a brand new challenge for this week.


'Theme - Clean And Simple'

You can enter this challenge and win some of Sherri's 'My Besties' digi images.  Here is what I created for my DT inspiration using IMG235 which you can buy in Sherri's Etsy store  HERE 

Your entry must display a Besties image to qualify for the challenge ......




 I decided on this image because its getting nearer to spring and we always get a few showers... well hopefully less than of late ... this little Bestie is so cute and lends herself well to this challenge.

I had a look through my card stock and decided that peaches and cream would be my colours for the Clean and Simple challenge, keep the colours in the same tones and the card in the same shades. Gives a very subtle effect and an excuse to use the lovely new border die I have just purchased ..... Kensington Border by memory Box




Recipe

1 sheet a4 - centura pearl ivory
1 sheet bazzil basics - pale ivory
1 a5 sheet glossy pearl - paper mill direct
2 x Bestie IMG 235
Vintage ribbon  - creative expressions
Mbossabilities - embossing folder
Corner rounding punch

Tools
Kensington border - memory box
Plain Ovals - Spellbinders
Scalloped Ovals - Spellbinders

To make this project I started out by cutting a base card 7 x 5 inches  from the centura pearl card, I rounded all of the corners of the card.
Next I cut from the bazzil card a piece 6 3/4 by 4 3/4 inches and rounded the corners, I cut from the glossy pearl card a piece 6 1/4 by 4 1/4 again I rounded the corners.

Using this glossy piece I debossed the pattern to get a more subtle effect, this piece was then adhered to the bazzil card.
I cut the Kensington border from the bazzil card and affixed it on the top right hand side of the card.  

The ribbon was then added over the top of the border to hide the join and affix at the back with tape, another piece of ribbon was added across the bottom of the card at the end of the border.
The oval was cut using the largest of the scalloped dies and affixed this to the card with glue gel.  I tied a double bow using the bow maker and affixed this with glue gel.

I took one of the images and cut this out with the largest plain oval, I coloured the image with copics in the lovely peachy shades, this was then adhered to the scalloped oval with glue gel. For the second image I coloured only the flower, which I then cut out and affixed to the image with glue gel.

I used the following colours:-

Skin e000, e00, e01, e93
Lips e04
Eyes e59, e97
Hair e40, e30, e42, e44
Dress yr0000, yr000, yr00, yr01
Hairband yr000, yr01, yr82
Coat/shoes  yr000, yr20, yr61, yr82 yr65
Flower e40, e41, e43, e44, yr0000, yr000, yr00, yr82, yr65


I hope my project has inspired you today, thanks for stopping by

Carol /x  (SilverPaws)








4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, very elegant!!
    Hugs Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely love your card as its just so beautifully laid out, soft subtle and perfect for our new challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and elegant ...... love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - an adorable and elegant card. Perfect colouring - I like it !
    LG Helga
    DT from My Besties Deutschland Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete