Monday, 24 February 2014

Zentangle It

Good Morning......

Its the beginning of a new week and we have a brand new challenge at Besties UK, this can be found over at 'My Besties UK Challenge Blog' - this is a brand new challenge for this week.

'Theme - Zentangle It'

You can enter this challenge and win some of Sherri's 'My Besties' digi images.  Here is what I created for my DT inspiration using IMG938 which you can buy in Sherri's Etsy store  HERE 

Your Entry must have a BESTIE image on it to qualify for the challenge  ....




This challenge made me get my thinking cap on ... which part of the project should I zentangle ...... well it was a difficult decision ... should it be the clothes or her hair or the background.... tried a few out and decided it would be the background for me ...

I already had this image coloured with prismaclor pencils so I decided to use this one and make a frame for the image with the zentangle patterns.




Recipe:-

Card size 18 x 13cm - from A4 card stock - paper mill direct
Brown card - 17.5 x 12.5 cm - Bazzil basics - Bitter Chocolate - Trimcraft
Gold Card - 14.5 x 10.5cm - Ideal Envelopes
White Card  - 14 x 10cm - Papermill direct
Brown card - 12 x 8 cm Bazzil basics
Image - 11.5 x 7.5 cm (printed 4 to a page)

Tools -
Prismacolor pencils
Brown - Copic Multiliner 0.3
Dark grey - Copic Multiliner 0.3

To make this card I cut all the pieces with the guillotine, I then layered the brown and gold onto the base card.   Next for the Zentangles I drew a pencil line border around the edges of the card at approx 1.5cm. I then drew a string around the frame to create the basic shapes for the zentangle patterns. Using my nultiliner pen I filled in each of the shapes with a pattern, when this was completed I adhered the card to the gold card on the base card.  




I affixed the brown card to the card in the centre of the patterns with glue gel.  Next I took the image which I had printed at 4 to a page to get the sizing correct which I coloured with the prismacolor pencils as follows:-



Skintones -
sienna beige pc1080, seashell pink pc1093, pink rose 1018, light peach pc927, hot pink pc993, process red pc994

Eyes-
dioxazine purple hue pc132, lilac pc956, violet blue pc993

Top:-
carribean sea pc1103, blue lake pc1102, powder blue pc1087, denim blue 1101

Trousers:-
sepia pc948, clay rose pc1017, spanish orange pc1003, powder blue pc1087, blue lake pc1102, ultramarine pc902

Shoes:-
powder blue pc1087, blue lake pc1102,  beige sienna pc1080, ultramarine pc902

Hair:-
burnt ochre pc943, tuscan read pc937, light umber pc941, sepia pc948

Dog:-
hot pink pc993, 50% french grey pc1072, 20% warm grey pc1051, white pc983

Stool:-
70% warm grey pc156, 50% french grey 1072, 50% warm grey 1054

I used the dark grey multiliner to add the spots to the ribbons

I hope my design inspires you to enter the challenge....
Thanks for stopping by today

Carol x





9 comments:

  1. Stunning card, love your colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the coloured tangling, Carol - fab card hun.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Carol! Love the zentangled background!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. love the image and colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning, Carol! What a great idea of mixing the zentangles with your Bestie! Love how the color of her hair matches your background like that! Lots of work in your coloring for sure! I admire your tiny "fill ins" of color! And your darling Bestie, too! Wonderful card! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna for your kind comments x

      Delete