Saturday, 28 December 2013

Purple Hair- something new

Well here we are again with the beautiful Besties images love this one called Gill .... must remind me of someone... but they normally have pink hair ... I decided to do some colouring with pencils another of my favourite mediums... I have a whole 150 colour range of prismacolor pencils to choose from so looked for some opposites and finished up with green and purple two colours which compliment each other brilliantly.... something new for me to colour long hair with pencils and to use a colour different from the usual brunettes and blonds...

This photo is the coloured image before I decided what colours to use for the background....

Recipe:-

Basic linen card 7 x5 from Papermill direct
Dahlia - coredinations
Willow - Adirondack coredinations
Spotted paper - creative imaginations
Flowered paper - heartfelt creations


Spellbinders - Grand Labels four
Spellbinders - elegant labels four

I used the dahlia coredinations as a base and layered the patterns paper in tow halves over the top, fastened a ribbon across the join,  Cut out a grand label four in dahlia and and elegant label in willow, then used the grand label four to cut out the image which I had coloured with Prismacolor pencils.  I layers the image to the willow card with double sided tape and then to the dahlia label with glue gel, then onto the base card with glue gel. I added a double bow using both colours with glue gel.

The prismacolor pencil have lovely smooth soft leads which allow blending with to without solvents, I have used a little sansodor in place to blend the colours out.

The colours I used were as follows:-
Skin - Light peach, peach, seashell pink, beige sienna, pink,
Eyes - Lime peel, chartreuse
Hair - French grey 30%, parma violet, lilac, violet, black
Dress - Lime peel, moss green, chartreuse

I will be entering this project into the Besties Uk challenge 'Try Something New'

Thanks for stopping by today x

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and I love the detail with the bow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I colour with prisma pencils to,and they are great to use this card and image turned out great I love the hair xxxxxx wendy dt ul besties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well i just wonder who it could possibly be that this reminds you off LOL
    Such fab colouring, ive never tried those pencils but they might just pop into my shopping basket in 2014 !! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation .. thanks for joining us over at My Bestie's UK challenge blog and good luck ... Anita DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great colouring, Carol - I really must try some of the Prisma pencils myself - lovin your colour combination.

    Thanx for sharing with us at My Besties UK.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Carol, do love greens and purples together! Thanks for joining us at My Besties UK!
    Hugs Donna DT xx

    ReplyDelete