Monday, 2 December 2013

Bestie in Blue

Good Morning

Its the beginning of a new week and we have a brand new challenge at Besties UK, this can be found over at 'My Besties UK Challenge Blog' - this is a brand new challenge for this week.


'Theme - Blue White and Silver'

You can enter this challenge and win some of Sherri's 'My Besties' digi images.  Here is what I created for my DT inspiration using IMG030 which you can buy in Sherri's Etsy store  HERE 





The inspiration for this card came from a little girl named Grace who will be 2 very soon, the image so reminded me of her .


 The materials and tools used for this card can be found in my Recipe….

Recipe:-

Base Card 5 x 7 inches (17.8 x 12.7 cm)
Blue card - Bazzil basics
Blue and white spotted paper - out of my scrap box
Loopy Oval - pearlised white paper ( given by a friend)
Silver Mirror card - Ideal Paper and Card
White card for Image - Paper Mill Direct
White card for flowers and lace - Staples 120gsm

Dies -
Spellbinders - Grand scalloped Ovals
Spellbinders - Plain Ovals
Sizzix - Tattered florals - Tim Holtz
Magnolia - Xmas Tags
Magnolia - Vintage Box Lace

Punch -
Woodware - Lilac

Miscellaneous trimmings , ribbons, card candi & pearls




 I layered the blue card, silver card and blue spotted paper with a.5cm difference in each size, then cut the oval around the bestie image, I found the loopy oval in my scrap box, a friend had given me some of these in white pearlised paper just fitted in nicely with the theme.

With the vintage box die I created some bunting at the top of the card adding some ribbon and flowers using the lilac punch, each one with a pearl in the centre.  I also added a strip of bunting near the bottom of the card again with the ribbon added.

I then used the scalloped oval in blue,  I coloured my image with Copics which are listed at the bottom of this post.



I added some faux stitching around the edge with the tumbled glass distress marker, I like these markers for this as they have a fine tip.
I layered the ovals and attached them to the card.

I typed out the '2 today' on my computer and placed the tag die over the top to cut it out, I then tucked this under the edge of the oval.

Using some more of the lilac flowers with pearls to add some white flowers near the tag and at the bottom of the oval, this completed  the smaller attributes of the design.

The flower and leaves came from the tattered floral dies, I cut some from each type of card or paper used, added some shaping using my 'Susan's Flower Garden Tool Kit' a very useful addition to my craft box, a card candi button to create the centre and attached to the card with glue gel.  A small bow with a pearl completed the card.


Copics Used:-

Skin - E000, E00, E11, E93
Eyes - FB2
Dress, Hat, Gloves, Shoes - B0000, B000, B00, B01, B02
Hair - E30, E42  Distress Marker - Broken China
Shading - E0000, B0000






2 comments:

  1. An adorable card - like pastell blue - you made it perfect !
    Hugs Helga

    ReplyDelete